[comp.lang.lisp] Allegro Common Lisp on Mac IIcx ?

spector@brillig.umd.edu (Lee Spector) (05/03/89)

I've been getting the run-around on the phone trying to get answers
to the following questions; I'd appreciate any answers that anyone can provide,
as well as phone numbers or email addresses.

1) What is the most recent version of Allegro Common Lisp?
2) Does Allegro Common Lisp run correctly on a mac IIcx?  on a mac SE/30?
   Is it supported on these machines?   (Documentation that I've seen
   does not mention any machine beyond a normal mac II.)
3) Is Allegro Common Lisp available only through APDA?
4) Is there some kind of student price?

Many thanks - Lee Spector (spector@brillig.umd.edu)

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (05/04/89)

In article <17239@mimsy.UUCP> spector@brillig.umd.edu.UUCP (Lee Spector) writes:
>I've been getting the run-around on the phone trying to get answers
>to the following questions; I'd appreciate any answers that anyone can provide,
>as well as phone numbers or email addresses.
>
>1) What is the most recent version of Allegro Common Lisp?

ACL version 1.2.2 is the current version.

>2) Does Allegro Common Lisp run correctly on a mac IIcx?  on a mac SE/30?
>   Is it supported on these machines?   (Documentation that I've seen
>   does not mention any machine beyond a normal mac II.)

Version 1.2.2 runs on these machines.  You must have this version to work with
a 68030 processor.

>3) Is Allegro Common Lisp available only through APDA?

ACL is only available through APDA.  If you have an earlier version, you can
get an upgrade to 1.2.2, which is the only supported version.

>4) Is there some kind of student price?

There is no "student" price as far as I know.  I believe, however, that you
can get a discount from APDA for volume purchases.

>Many thanks - Lee Spector (spector@brillig.umd.edu)

All of this information is in the April 1989 Technical Notes, #231...

Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.         UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_