[net.movies] PINK BUBBLES

schuetz@via.DEC (Now 33 down, and 67 years to go.) (02/13/86)

The "movie" you are referring to is the British television series
"The Prisoner" - 14 hour-long episodes starring Patrick McGowan (sp).

They are now showing in the Boston area at 11:30 pm.  I have also seem
them available for rent in video stores.  But if you're really interested
in watching them, I suggest that you be sure to view them in order, since
they do build on the previous episodes' plots.

At the end, the credits just state that The Village was filmed "On Location".
Nice touch, I thought.

A fascinating psychological drama series.

/Chris

holloway@drivax.UUCP (Bruce Holloway) (02/18/86)

In article <1121@decwrl.DEC.COM> schuetz@via.DEC (Now 33 down, and 67 years to go.) writes:

>At the end, the credits just state that The Village was filmed "On Location".
>Nice touch, I thought.

The show was really shot on location, in Wales, at a resort town with all
those buildings, just as they are! The name of the place eludes me now.
It was weird, though, like lots of Welsh names.

rjmoulton@watnot.UUCP (Robert Moulton) (02/21/86)

> In article <1121@decwrl.DEC.COM> schuetz@via.DEC (Now 33 down, and 67 years to go.) writes:
> >
> >At the end, the credits just state that The Village was filmed "On Location".
> >Nice touch, I thought.
> >
> The show was really shot on location, in Wales, at a resort town with all
> those buildings, just as they are! The name of the place eludes me now.

The series was shot at the Hotel Portmeirion located in Penryndeudrath.
I probably spelt that wrong. The Hotel Portmeirion was built by
a very famous architect named Clough Williams-Ellis.  His idea was to
create a totally self sufficient enviornment.  So the area has things
like butcher shops, watch repair,ect.  Portmeirion was built during
the early 1900's and was largely finished by World War II.

Williams-Ellis wrote an autobiography entitled ARCHITECT ERRANT
in which he describes the development of his plan for Portmeirion.

In the episode entitled DO NOT FORSAKE ME, OH MY DARLING the scientist
has a letter from number 6.  The address on the cover is Penryndeudrath
Road.  Are there any other pieces of trivia like this that others
know of?

I think that all further postings on this subject should go to net.tv

 I heard somewhere that there even exists a group on Unix entirely
devoted to discussion about The Prisoner.  Does anyone know anything
about this?

Sorry about the junk below, I'm not too good on this editor.

::

falk@sun.uucp (Ed Falk) (02/23/86)

>  I heard somewhere that there even exists a group on Unix entirely
> devoted to discussion about The Prisoner.  Does anyone know anything
> about this?

There's a mailing list called mail.prisoner.  contact
  {allegra,burdvax,atrovax}!sjuvax!iannucci

	-ed falk