[net.movies] Airwolf

dday@umcp-cs.UUCP (Dennis Doubleday) (02/24/86)

In article <9762@amdcad.UUCP> phil@amdcad.UUCP (Phil Ngai) writes:
>I looked it up. An F-16 carries a single GE M-61A1 Vulcan 20mm Cannon,
>which is a cluster of six cannon barrels, firing at rates of 6,000
>rounds per minute, considerably lower than the 18,000 rounds per
>minute claimed by fox@daemen. The F-16 carries exactly 500 rounds.
>As long as we're talking about people who don't know anything about
>airplanes, I have long been bothered by the way "Airwolf" likes to
>shoot AGM-65 Mavericks at other aircraft. The Maverick is a television
>guided air-to-surface missile. It is only effective against stationary
>or slow-moving ground targets that are unable to move beyond a
>missile's limited field of view before being struck. I suppose I
>shouldn't be surprised.

AIRWOLF has done much stupider things than that.  How about the episode
where they used the helicopter to outrace a ballistic missile across
the U.S. and then shot down 8 MIRVed warheads that were descending on
Washington, D.C.?  I'm not a regular watcher but that was good for a few
laughs.
--

UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!dday                      Dennis Doubleday
CSNet:	dday@umcp-cs				 University of Maryland