[comp.lang.lisp] Elementary problem trying to run KCL

ccsdgdc@gdr.bath.ac.uk (Douglas Clark) (08/01/89)

I have a very elementary problem with KCL, which I have just got working.
Sorry to trouble you. KCL is working ok interactively and as batch for
my little examples. But when I present the LISP program to KCL in a
file I cannot find what to do from the books and documentation to hand.
I can get the LISP file into the editor (vi, I assume) by
  (ed "fred")
but I dont know how to run 'fred'. GO seems relevant but I cant find
the correct arguments.

Can someone straighten me out. Ta.

PS. My preferred LISP primer is Winston and Henry 2nd edition.
--
Douglas Clark                                   Voice : +44 225 826039
User Services,                            JANET : ccsdgdc@uk.ac.bath.gdr

ccsdgdc@gdr.bath.ac.uk (Douglas Clark) (08/02/89)

In article <1989Aug1.165912.10623@gdt.bath.ac.uk> ccsdgdc@gdr.bath.ac.uk (Douglas Clark) writes:
>I have a very elementary problem with KCL, which I have just got working.
>Sorry to trouble you. KCL is working ok interactively and as batch for
>my little examples. But when I present the LISP program to KCL in a
>file I cannot find what to do from the books and documentation to hand.
>I can get the LISP file into the editor (vi, I assume) by
>  (ed "fred")
>but I dont know how to run 'fred'. GO seems relevant but I cant find
>the correct arguments.
>
>Can someone straighten me out. Ta.
>
>PS. My preferred LISP primer is Winston and Henry 2nd edition.
>--
>Douglas Clark                                   Voice : +44 225 826039
>User Services,                            JANET : ccsdgdc@uk.ac.bath.gdr
>Bath University Computing Services,  UUCP : uunet!mcvax!ukc!gdr!ccsdgdc
>Bath, Avon, England BA2 7AY     ARPA : ccsdgdc%gdr.bath.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk

I just discovered (load "fred"). Does this answer my problems?