[comp.lang.lisp] Determining the machine type

arie@dip.eecs.umich.edu (Arie Covrigaru) (12/04/89)

How can I get the fact that I am running on a Mac in Allegro CL?
when I evaluate (machine-type) I get unknown back.  Is this something
that is fixed in version 1.3?

Arie Covrigaru                     |    Internet: arie@eecs.umich.edu
University of Michigan AI Lab      |    1101 Beal Ave., Ann Arbor, MI 48109

chewy@apple.com (Paul Snively) (12/06/89)

In article <995@zip.eecs.umich.edu> arie@dip.eecs.umich.edu (Arie
Covrigaru) writes:
> How can I get the fact that I am running on a Mac in Allegro CL?
> when I evaluate (machine-type) I get unknown back.  Is this something
> that is fixed in version 1.3?

For you MACL fans out there...

"Unknown" is pretty much what I would expect for MACL prior to 1.3 running
on, say, a Macintosh IIci or Portable.  I believe that this is fixed in
1.3 and later versions of MACL (Macintosh Allegro Common Lisp).

BTW, before the flamethrowers start: this is information that might be
considered useful by a wide variety of Macintosh Allegro Common Lisp
users, which is why I'm posting rather than mailing the response.  Before
any accusations that this is devolving into a MACL support board rather
than a Lisp newsgroup, bear in mind that there are many occassions where a
specific request for information regarding a particular implementation is
posted here, so if you intend to flame MACL questions/answers, at least be
consistent and also flame UNIX Allegro questions, Lucid questions,
AKCL/IBCL questions, etc. :-)  Thanks!

Just because I work for Apple Computer, Inc. doesn't mean that they
believe what I believe or vice-versa.
C++ -- The language in which only friends can access your private members.

gz@cambridge.apple.com (Gail Zacharias) (12/06/89)

In <995@zip.eecs.umich.edu> arie@dip.eecs.umich.edu (Arie Covrigaru) writes:
>How can I get the fact that I am running on a Mac in Allegro CL?

Check for :CCL on the *features* list.