[comp.lang.lisp] new Lisper

scottp@se-sd.NCR.COM (Scott Platenberg) (01/20/90)

HELP!!!!!  I am beginning a course in Lisp this Monday and would
appreciate some advice (sorry if this has been discussed before, but..).
Could someone recommend a Lisp interpreter/compiler and a Prolog
interpreter/compiler for the PC (286 IBM...)?  Also, are there any books
that are considered 'must-reads'?  Please e-mail or post as I am now a
reader of this newsgroup :)
Thanks in advance.
Scott
scottp@se-sd.sandiego.ncr.com

reiniger@ug.cs.dal.ca (Darren Reiniger) (01/21/90)

In article <2330@se-sd.NCR.COM> scottp@se-sd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Scott Platenberg) writes:

>HELP!!!!!  I am beginning a course in Lisp this Monday and would
>appreciate some advice (sorry if this has been discussed before, but..).
>Could someone recommend a Lisp interpreter/compiler and a Prolog
>interpreter/compiler for the PC (286 IBM...)?  Also, are there any books
>that are considered 'must-reads'?  Please e-mail or post as I am now a
>reader of this newsgroup :)
>Thanks in advance.
>Scott

 Now that the subject has been brought up again,  I too would appreciate any
 information/opinions on interpreters/compilers for the above language(s) for
 a PC.

 Thanks a million,
 Darren

 | People who wonder where this generation is going should remind themselves |
 | where it came from in the first place...                                  |