[comp.lang.lisp] Common Lisp for the DECstation 3100

orjan@garbo.bion.kth.se (Orjan Ekeberg) (10/17/89)

I am looking for a Common Lisp implementation for the DECstation 3100.

- Are Lucid CL and Allegro CL avalaible?
  Any experiences?
  How about prices and educational discounts?

- Has anyone ported KCL/AKCL yet?
  I believe the main problem in porting is the very special a.out format
  used (neither BSD, nor ATT) which means that the fasloading parts has
  to be rewritten.
  Anybody seriously working on it?

- Any other Lisps avalaible?
  (Foreign language (C) interface is essential).

I would appreciate any info.
Thanks.

+-------------------------+-----------------------------+
+     Orjan Ekeberg	  +  EMail: orjan@bion.kth.se	+
+-------------------------+-----------------------------+

aarons@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Aaron Sloman) (10/19/89)

orjan@garbo.bion.kth.se (Orjan Ekeberg) writes:

> Date: 17 Oct 89 09:21:56 GMT
>
> I am looking for a Common Lisp implementation for the DECstation 3100.

We are porting the Sussex University POPLOG system to DECstation
(and later MIPS machines). POPLOG includes Common Lisp, Prolog,
Pop-11, and ML. Should be available fairly early next year. Ask me
again around February, if you are still interested.

>   How about prices and educational discounts?

Distribution and pricing of POPLOG for non UK customers are the
responsibility of

(Colin Shearer)
Integral Solutions Ltd
Unit 3, Campbell Court
Bramley,
Basingstoke,
Hampshire,
RG26 5EG
England

Phone   0256 882028     Fax 0256 882182
Phone   +44-256 882028     Fax +44-256 882182

email: colins@integ.uucp (go via uk.ac.ukc if you have problems)

ISL offer approximately 85% educational discount on the standard
price.

>   (Foreign language (C) interface is essential).

Yes it is available in Poplog, along with integrated editor, etc.

Aaron Sloman,
School of Cognitive and Computing Sciences,
Univ of Sussex, Brighton, BN1 9QH, England
    INTERNET: aarons%uk.ac.sussex.cogs@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
    JANET     aarons@cogs.sussex.ac.uk

rap@osf.org (Richard Pito) (03/25/90)

Does anyone know of any common lisps for the DECstation 3100 running
ULTRIX public domain or otherwise?  I started to port KCL but ran into
lots of trouble.  I would *greatly* appreciate any leads.

	Thanks in advance,

		__Rich Pito
		Open Software Foundation
		rap@osf.org