[comp.lang.lisp] Help finding CLIPS?

georgec@marque.mu.edu (03/26/90)

A friend writes:

I need some help in locating some public domain software.
It's called CLIPS and is apparently put out by a company
called COSMIC.  As I understand it, CLIPS is a C Language
Interpreter for LISP (as near as I can tell, it translates
LISP to C).

If anyone can give pointers or has experience with this
program, please respond by e-mail to
barcio@cs.niu.edu  (Joe Barcio)

Thanks in advance.
George Corliss, Marquette University, georgec@marque.mu.edu

gjc@paradigm.com (03/27/90)

In article <9703@marque.mu.edu>, georgec@marque.mu.edu writes:

> I need some help in locating some public domain software.
> It's called CLIPS and is apparently put out by a company
> called COSMIC.  As I understand it, CLIPS is a C Language
> Interpreter for LISP (as near as I can tell, it translates
> LISP to C).

CLIPS is a production rule interpreter (like OPS5) written in C.

COSMIC is a NASA software distribution outfit at the university of
Georgia. 404-542-3265

-gjc