[net.movies] The Wizard of Speed and Time

lflgames@well.UUCP (Lucasfilm Games Division) (03/05/86)

In article <12103@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>, m128a3aw@brahms.BERKELEY.EDU (Sean "Yo
da" Rouse) writes:

>      A LOOOONG time ago, I'd heard the neatest rumor about how Jittlov
> was planning to make a full-length movie of the classic "Wizard of Speed and

> Time"..
>      I haven't heard anything since and was wondering if anybody had any
> information about this.
>
>                                   --Kathy Li
-=-=

	A co-worker of mine who has been in touch with Jittlov says that
although he had some serious financial problems with it in the last few
months, he recently straightened that out and is going ahead with it.
No word on the release date, but it could be as soon as later this year.

				Noah Falstein

kl2427@wucec2.UUCP (03/05/86)

In article <12103@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>, m128a3aw@brahms.BERKELEY.EDU (Sean "Yoda" Rouse) writes:
>      A LOOOONG time ago, I'd heard the neatest rumor about how Jittlov
> was planning to make a full-length movie of the classic "Wizard of Speed and
> Time"..
>                                   --Kathy Li
From the rumor mill at a sci-fi con on the east coast last summer: the film
has been fully shot but they ran out of money for editing it.  An uncut version
was shown (so the rumor goes) on the west coast by Jittlov at some unknown
event (anybody out there see it?).  It's not really full length - 33 minutes is
a long time for this sort of film though.  There IS a poster for the film
(this is not open to debate - I've got one) and the rest of this info comes
from the dealer who was selling them.  The best part of the tale goes that
the opening sequence of this film has more effects than all of Star Wars did!
Any bankers on this net?

Ken Lorber		kl2427@wucec2

In article <12103@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> m128a3aw@brahms.UUCP (Kathy Li and Sean "Yoda" Rouse) writes:

>     A LOOOONG time ago, I'd heard the neatest rumor about how Jittlov
>was planning to make a full-length movie of the classic "Wizard of Speed and
>Time"..
>     I haven't heard anything since and was wondering if anybody had any
>information about this.

	Yes, last I heard he is still working on it. But since he is
one of those people like to do the *whole* thing themselves, it may be
sometime yet. He wrote the script, he is the producer, director, star,
special effects man, and film editor! And several more jobs as well.
	Mind you, this does not mean it will ever come out, just that
it is still being worked on.
--

				Sarima (Stanley Friesen)

ARPA: ttidca!psivax!friesen@rand-unix.arpa

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (03/10/86)

In article <1443@wucec2.UUCP> kl2427@wucec2.UUCP writes:
>From the rumor mill at a sci-fi con on the east coast last summer: the film
>has been fully shot but they ran out of money for editing it.  An uncut version
>was shown (so the rumor goes) on the west coast by Jittlov at some unknown
>event (anybody out there see it?).

It was at the San Diego Comic Convention, and no, I didn't see it (sound of
head banging against wall).  He used to run a semi-annual Mike Jittlov film
festival at each SD con.  Great stuff, but WIZARD OF TIME AND SPEED is the
best.  I'm still trying to figure out how he made the Wizard run through
traffic at high speed while the cars look like they are moving normally (no
jerkiness or stop-action effect).  Maybe that guy *is* a Wizard!

                                "I SAID I LOVE ALL MANKIND *DAMMIT*!!"

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
ARPA: fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA
UUCP: {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, sb6, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty