[comp.lang.lisp] BOOK ON TRANSLATION TO CL ?

maner@bgsuvax.UUCP (Walter Maner) (05/30/90)

Are there any books which address the problem of translating other, possibly
old, dialects of Lisp into CommonLisp?  If not, do there exist books with
major chapters or appendices devoted to this problem?
WALT
--

InterNet maner@andy.bgsu.edu  (129.1.1.2)    | BGSU, Comp Science Dept
UUCP     ... ! osu-cis ! bgsuvax ! maner     | Bowling Green, OH 43403

kend@tekchips.LABS.TEK.COM (Ken Dickey) (05/31/90)

In article <5869@bgsuvax.UUCP> maner@bgsuvax.UUCP (Walter Maner) writes:
>Are there any books which address the problem of translating other, possibly
>old, dialects of Lisp into CommonLisp?  If not, do there exist books with
>major chapters or appendices devoted to this problem?
>WALT
>--
>
>InterNet maner@andy.bgsu.edu  (129.1.1.2)    | BGSU, Comp Science Dept
>UUCP     ... ! osu-cis ! bgsuvax ! maner     | Bowling Green, OH 43403
>BITNet   MANER@BGSUOPIE                      | 419/372-2337  Secretary
>Relays   @relay.cs.net, @nsfnet-relay.ac.uk  | FAX is available - call

There is the Draco system which does this automatically [U of Calif at
Irvine].  I don't have personal experience with this system, but it is
claimed successful in "TMM: Software Maintenance by Transformation" by
G. Arango, et al., IEEE Software, (May 1986) {sorry, I don't have the
vol and issue #s}.

Does anyone know current status of this project?

-Ken Dickey			kend@mrloog.WR.TEK.COM