[comp.lang.lisp] Graph display algorithms

olleo@sics.se (Olle Olsson) (06/15/90)

Does anybody have implemented algorithms (or pointers to descriptions of such)
regarding graph display in the following areas:
  - orthogonal grid drawings
  - planarization
  - bend streching
  - bend minimization
  - orthogonalization
The aim is to avoid reinventing/reimplementing what others have done.
--

uselton@orville.nas.nasa.gov (Samuel P. Uselton) (06/15/90)

In article <1990Jun15.145824.1056@sics.se> olleo@horus (Olle Olsson) writes:
>Does anybody have implemented algorithms (or pointers to descriptions of such)
>regarding graph display in the following areas:
>  - orthogonal grid drawings
>  - planarization
>  - bend streching
>  - bend minimization
>  - orthogonalization
>The aim is to avoid reinventing/reimplementing what others have done.
>--

Check out the new book and accompanying software by Steve Skiena of
SUNY StonyBrook.  It contains a lot of Combinatorics and Graph Theory
type stuff built on top of Mathematica.

I don't know how much there is that includes the geometric properties,
but even so, it would probably make a good base to build upon.

Caveat:  My brother TA'ed for Steve a couple of years ago.  Otherwise we
have no connection.  I just saw the demo of software and flipped through
the book last week.

Sam Uselton                uselton@nas.nasa.gov    (415) 604-3985
employed by CSC           MS T-045 -1
working for NASA          NASA Ames Research Center
speaking for myself       Moffett Field, CA 94035