[comp.lang.lisp] Japanese Lisp/Scheme

ham@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Peter R. Ham) (07/28/90)

Does anyone know of any implementations of Lisp or Scheme that allow
the source to include Japanese text as:

characer constants
string constants
in comments
as identifiers
as keywords

Is it easy to change an existing Scheme or Lisp interpreter to
allow this? Specifically, I'm trying to do this with Scheme->C.
Any experiences?

--

michaelg@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Michael Greenwald) (07/30/90)

ham@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Peter R. Ham) writes:

>Does anyone know of any implementations of Lisp or Scheme that allow
>the source to include Japanese text as:

>characer constants
>string constants
>in comments
>as identifiers
>as keywords

Symbolics'.  But my guess is that isn't what you are looking for.

I don't know anything about Kyoto Common Lisp (Ibuki?), but I'd be
surprised if they didn't support at least some subset of this.  Maybe
the best thing to do would be to find a Lisp house in Japan, and ask
them.

mohammad@hpclmp.HP.COM (Mohammad Pourheidari) (08/07/90)

/ hpclmp:comp.lang.lisp / michaelg@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Michael Greenwald) / 12:40 am  Jul 30, 1990 /
ham@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Peter R. Ham) writes:

>Does anyone know of any implementations of Lisp or Scheme that allow
>the source to include Japanese text as:

>characer constants
>string constants
>in comments
>as identifiers
>as keywords

HP Common Lisp version 4.0 (which is Lucid's Common Lisp) has full kanji
support.

M.

cox@Franz.COM (Charles A. Cox) (08/14/90)

In article <HAM.90Jul27184154@Neon.Stanford.EDU> ham@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Peter R. Ham) writes:

> Does anyone know of any implementations of Lisp or Scheme that allow
> the source to include Japanese text as:
>
> characer constants
> string constants
> in comments
> as identifiers
> as keywords

Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been away for 3 weeks.

Franz Inc. has an international version of Allegro CL which handles
Japanese text in each of the conditions you've mentioned above.  For
more information, contact "info@franz.com" or (415) 548-3600.
--
---
Charles A. Cox, Franz Inc.        1995 University Avenue, Suite 275