[net.movies] Two 2001 questions

ramsey@umcp-cs.UUCP (James Ramsey) (02/28/86)

I just saw 2001 (on a large screen) for the first time in quite a
while.  A very satisfying movie experience!  I saw a few things
this time around that I had missed before and I have a few questions
that the net:

1) After Dr. Floyd is finished talking with the four Soviets in
the spacestation lounge, two of the Soviet scientists say something
to each other in Russian.  Can someone translate what they say into
English for the Net?

2) What is the music that accompanies the first look at Discovery?
(* I assume it is one of the pieces mentioned in the credits and
I know it isn't `The Blue Danube' *) Can anyone recommend a good
recording of this music?

Many thanks!
--
James Ramsey

UUCP:	{seismo,allegra,brl-bmd}!umcp-cs!ramsey	 Department of Computer Science
CSNet:	ramsey@umcp-cs				 University of Maryland
ARPA:	ramsey@maryland				 College Park, MD 20742
						 (301) 454-6154

sundquis@umn-cs.UUCP (Tom Sundquist) (03/12/86)

In article <3402@umcp-cs.UUCP> ramsey@umcp-cs.UUCP (James Ramsey) writes:

>I just saw 2001 (on a large screen) for the first time in quite a
>while.  A very satisfying movie experience!  I saw a few things
>this time around that I had missed before and I have a few questions
>that the net:
>
>2) What is the music that accompanies the first look at Discovery?
>(* I assume it is one of the pieces mentioned in the credits and
>I know it isn't `The Blue Danube' *) Can anyone recommend a good
>recording of this music?

I believe this piece is from The Gayne Ballet Suit by Khatchaturian (sp?).
I have never found a good recording and would be interested if anyone
else knows a good recording.

		Thanks in advance,
		Tom Sundquist

msc@saber.UUCP (Mark Callow) (03/17/86)

> I believe this piece is from The Gayne Ballet Suit by Khatchaturian (sp?).
Gayaneh (I think) Ballet Suit_e

> I have never found a good recording and would be interested if anyone
> else knows a good recording.
Try the soundtrack album.  I'll look at mine to check the above title.
--
From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc@saber.uucp,  sun!saber!msc@decwrl.dec.com ...{ihnp4,sun}!saber!msc