eb@lucid.com (Eric Benson) (10/24/90)

   From: jvgs@gmv.es (Juan Garbajosa)
   Date: 23 Oct 90 16:31:10 GMT

   I'm looking for coding standards for LISP, actually CLISP.
   Can anybody out there help me ?

If by CLISP you mean Common Lisp, I can recommend Lisp Style & Design,
by Molly M. Miller and Eric Benson (that's me), published by Digital
Press, 1990.  Here's the blurb from the back of the book:

LISP STYLE & DESIGN explores the process of style in the development
of Lisp programs.  Style comprises efficient algorithms, good
organization, appropriate abstractions, well-constructed function
definitions, useful commentary, and effective debugging.  Good design
and style enhance programming efficiency because they make programs
easier to understand, to debug, and to maintain.

A special feature of this book is the large programming example that
the authors use throughout to illustrate how the process develops:
organizing the approach, choosing constructs, using abstractions,
structuring files, debugging code, and improving program efficiency.
Lisp programmers, symbolic programmers or those intrigued by symbolic
programming, as well as students of Lisp should consider this book an
essential addition to their libraries.

Well, that's the marketing hype.  This book is really a summary of
Lucid's programming practices in writing a large Lisp program, namely
Lucid Common Lisp.

eb@lucid.com 	           	 	Eric Benson
415/329-8400 x5523                      Lucid, Inc.
Telex 3791739 LUCID                     707 Laurel Street
Fax 415/329-8480                        Menlo Park, CA 94025