[comp.lang.lisp] is macivory still available?

yonezawa@cs.uiuc.edu (Noritake Yonezawa) (12/07/90)

Is MacIvory still available?
Can it be used on new Mac II, i.e. IIsi?
How much does it cost?
Any information would be appreciated.

--
Noritake Yonezawa [yonezawa@cs.uiuc.edu]
Department of Computer Science

michaelg@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Michael Greenwald) (12/07/90)

yonezawa@cs.uiuc.edu (Noritake Yonezawa) writes:

>Is MacIvory still available?
>Can it be used on new Mac II, i.e. IIsi?
>How much does it cost?
>Any information would be appreciated.

>--
>Noritake Yonezawa [yonezawa@cs.uiuc.edu]
>Department of Computer Science
>University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

MacIvory (Model II) are still available as far as I know.  I doubt it will
fit into a Mac IIsi (not enough space) unless Symbolics has done a serious
redesign of the MacIvory lately.

Call Symbolics for more information (I'm sure there's a sales rep near you).
You might check if they've designed a new model MacIvory that is as fast as
the XL1200 (I don't know if they have, but that would be a very nice machine

attila@breeze.bellcore.com (12/12/90)

In article <1990Dec7.020359.9751@Neon.Stanford.EDU> michaelg@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Michael Greenwald) writes:
> yonezawa@cs.uiuc.edu (Noritake Yonezawa) writes:
>
> >Is MacIvory still available?
> >Can it be used on new Mac II, i.e. IIsi?
> >How much does it cost?
> >Any information would be appreciated.
>
> >--
> >Noritake Yonezawa [yonezawa@cs.uiuc.edu]
> >Department of Computer Science
> >University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
>
> MacIvory (Model II) are still available as far as I know.  I doubt it will
> fit into a Mac IIsi (not enough space) unless Symbolics has done a serious
> redesign of the MacIvory lately.
>
> Call Symbolics for more information (I'm sure there's a sales rep near you).
> You might check if they've designed a new model MacIvory that is as fast as
> the XL1200 (I don't know if they have, but that would be a very nice machine

According to our sales rep, the MacIvory Model 2 is replaced by MacIvory
Model 3.  I think it now fits on a single card slot instead of two, and
can fit into the Mac SI or some sort of small footprint MacIntosh.  [My
Mac days ended a few years ago.]

The Model 3 is many times faster than the original version --cost more--
but it has 10MB of on card memory.  The Model 2s are being discounted.

The SMBX main number is 617-221-1000 in Burlington, MA.

Leslie A. Walko