[comp.lang.c++] c++ for MacIntosh

charles@otc.UUCP (06/11/87)

Could someone please tell me if c++ is available for the MacIntosh.
I was under the impression that Microsoft had a product called Advatage
C++, howewer, the person that I talked to at Microsoft knew nothing about
it.

Charles Thomas          Systems Development Section
R & D Engineer          Overseas Telecommunications Commission (Australia)

UUCP: {seismo,mcvax}!otc.oz!charles                 ACSnet: charles@otc.oz

mat@mtx5a.UUCP (m.terribile) (06/18/87)

> Could someone please tell me if c++ is available for the MacIntosh.
> I was under the impression that Microsoft had a product called Advatage
> C++, howewer, the person that I talked to at Microsoft knew nothing about
> it.
>
> Charles Thomas          Systems Development Section
> R & D Engineer          Overseas Telecommunications Commission (Australia)
>
> UUCP: {seismo,mcvax}!otc.oz!charles                 ACSnet: charles@otc.oz

Advantage C++ is the name used by the product written by AT&T, packaged by
Glockenspiel Software, advertised by Oasys, and sold by Lifeboat.  I only
know of the versions for Microsoft C and Lattice C on the 80.*86 family
processors; there could be others.
--

	from Mole End			Mark Terribile
		(scrape .. dig )	mtx5b!mat

robert@pvab.UUCP (06/18/87)

In article <127@otc.OZ> charles@otc.OZ (Charles Thomas) writes:

>Could someone please tell me if c++ is available for the MacIntosh.
>I was under the impression that Microsoft had a product called Advatage
>C++, howewer, the person that I talked to at Microsoft knew nothing about
>it.

Microsoft doesn't have Advantage C++, but you might ask Oasys. They
know better. Advantage C++ is an implementation of C++ for MS-DOS
machines and requires the Microsoft C Compiler version 4.x.
--
SNAIL:	Robert Claeson, PVAB, P.O. Box 4040, S-171 04 Solna, Sweden
UUCP:	{seismo,mcvax,munnari}!enea!pvab!robert