[comp.lang.c++] What is the latest version of cfront?

gjditchfield@violet.waterloo.edu (Glen Ditchfield) (04/22/88)

A while ago I posted an article about what I thought were bugs in AT&T's
cfront version 1.2.1.  I got replies back saying that some of them had been
fixed in version 1.2.3.

The local C++ maintenance man has spoken to our AT&T representative in
Toronto.  Said representative has not heard of any cfront version later
than 1.2.1.

I would be very happy if you kind people would tell me what The Facts are.
What is the latest version of cfront?  (You can check your version by
looking at the output of the -F option.)  Is it available in Canada?  How
can we get it?

Thanks in advance.

Glen Ditchfield                              watmath!violet!gjditchfield
Dept of Computer Science, U of Waterloo            (519) 885-1211
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada			   Office: DC 2517

jss@hector.UUCP (Jerry Schwarz) (04/25/88)

In article <6496@watdragon.waterloo.edu> gjditchfield@violet.UUCP writes:

>A while ago I posted an article about what I thought were bugs in AT&T's
>cfront version 1.2.1.  I got replies back saying that some of them had been
>fixed in version 1.2.3.
>
>The local C++ maintenance man has spoken to our AT&T representative in
>Toronto.  Said representative has not heard of any cfront version later
>than 1.2.1.

I don't think there has been any external release of a "1.2.3". There
have been lots of new cfronts internally since then and "2.0" is
currently in "beta test" although I'm not sure if there has been an
official announcement of a release date yet.

Jerry Schwarz
Bell Labs, Murray Hill