[comp.lang.c++] Up to date list of publications by Bjarne Stroustrup on C++

spier@yellowstone.steinmetz (kevin l spier) (07/25/88)

	I'd appreciate it if someone could send me an up to date
list of publications by Bjarne Stroustrup on C++. I am especially
interested on any papers concerning multiple-inheritance.

Kevin L. Spier
spierk@turing.cs.rpi.edu

dmg@ssc-vax.UUCP (David Geary) (07/27/88)

In article <11631@steinmetz.ge.com>, spier@yellowstone.steinmetz (kevin l spier) writes:

> 	I'd appreciate it if someone could send me an up to date
> list of publications by Bjarne Stroustrup on C++. I am especially
> interested on any papers concerning multiple-inheritance.

  Me, too.  In fact, probably everybody that reads this newsgroup
  would say "Me, too".  Please post if you have the info.

~ David Geary, Boeing Aerospace,               ~
~ Seattle - "THE DRIZZLE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD" ~

ie@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Ivar Elznic) (07/28/88)

In article <11631@steinmetz.ge.com> spierk@turing.cs.rpi.edu writes:

>	I'd appreciate it if someone could send me an up to date
>list of publications by Bjarne Stroustrup on C++. I am especially

I was going to say: "Me too, please."  Yet I've a better idea.   Would
someone who has the complete list kindly post it?

Would it be presumptuous of me to ask the Doctor himself to post it?

Thank you.

Cheers

--
Ivar von Elsnitz

reggie@pdn.UUCP (George W. Leach) (07/29/88)

In article <1988Jul27.235333.5933@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu>, ie@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Ivar Elznic) writes:
> In article <11631@steinmetz.ge.com> spierk@turing.cs.rpi.edu writes:
> >	I'd appreciate it if someone could send me an up to date
> >list of publications by Bjarne Stroustrup on C++. I am especially
> I was going to say: "Me too, please."  Yet I've a better idea.   Would
> someone who has the complete list kindly post it?

      This is as complete as I am aware of.  However, I have not seen an
issue of Software-Practice and Experience in over a year.  It is one of
the favorites for the Murray Hill crowd to publish in.  Well, if anyone
has any additions, corrections, etc...  I'm sure we shall hear about them.

%A Bjarne Stroustrup
%T Classes: An Abstract Data Type Facility for the C Language
%R Computer Science Technical Report No. 84
%I AT&T Bell Laboratories
%C Murray Hill, NJ
%D April 3, 1980
%X No longer available from AT&T BTL

%A Bjarne Stroustrup
%T A Set of C++ Classes for Co-routine Style Programming
%R Computer Science Technical Report No. 90
%I AT&T Bell Laboratories
%C Murray Hill, NJ
%D Revised November 1, 1984
%X Also available in the C++ Translator Technical Papers collection
%X from AT&T to attendees of OOPSLA'87

%A Bjarne Stroustrup
%T The C++ Programming Language - Reference Manual
%R Computer Science Technical Report No. 108
%I AT&T Bell Laboratories
%C Murray Hill, NJ
%D Revised November 1, 1984

%A Bjarne Stroustrup
%T Adding Classes to C: An Exercise in Language Evolution
%J Software-Practice and Experience
%V 13
%D 1983
%P 139-161

%A Bjarne Stroustrup
%T Data Abstraction in C
%R Computer Science Technical Report No. 109
%I AT&T Bell Laboratories
%C Murray Hill, NJ
%D January 1, 1984
%X Also published in
%J AT&T Bell Laboratories Technical Journal
%V 63
%N 8, Part 2
%D October, 1984
%P 1701-1732

%A Bjarne Stroustrup
%T A C++ Tutorial
%R Computer Science Technical Report No. 113
%I AT&T Bell Laboratories
%C Murray Hill, NJ
%D September 10, 1984

%A Bjarne Stroustrup
%T An Extensible I/O Facility for C++
%J Proceedings of the 1985 Summer USENIX Conference
%C Portland, OR
%D June 11-14, 1985
%P 57-70

%A Bjarne Stroustrup
%B The C++ Programming Language
%I Addison-Wesley
%D 1986

%A Bjarne Stroustrup
%T An Overview of C++
%J ACM SIGPLAN Notices
%E Richard L. Wexelblat
%V 21
%N 10
%D October, 1986
%P 7-18
%X Also available in the C++ Translator Technical Papers collection
%X from AT&T to attendees of OOPSLA'87

%A Bjarne Stroustrup
%T Multiple Inheritance for C++
%J Proceedings of the Spring'87 EUUG Conference
%C Helsinki
%D May, 1987
%X Also available in the C++ Translator Technical Papers collection
%X from AT&T to attendees of OOPSLA'87

%A Bjarne Stroustrup
%T What is "Object-Oriented Programming"?
%J Proceedings of the First European Conference on Object Oriented Programming
%C Paris
%I Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science
%V 276
%D June, 1987
%P 51-70
%X Also published in
%J Proceedings of the USENIX C++ Workshop
%E Keith Gorlen
%C Santa Fe, NM
%D November 9-10, 1987
%P 159-180
%X Also published in
%J IEEE Software
%V 5
%N 3
%D May, 1988
%P 10-20
%X Also available in the C++ Translator Technical Papers collection
%X from AT&T to attendees of OOPSLA'87

%A Bjarne Stroustrup
%T The Evolution of C++ 1985 to 1987
%J Proceedings of the USENIX C++ Workshop
%E Keith Gorlen
%C Santa Fe, NM
%D November 9-10, 1987
%P 1-21

%A Bjarne Stroustrup
%T Possible Directions for C++
%J Proceedings of the USENIX C++ Workshop
%E Keith Gorlen
%C Santa Fe, NM
%D November 9-10, 1987
%P 399-416
%X Originally presented at the AT&T C++ users' group meeting
%X in September, 1987

%A Bjarne Stroustrup
%A Jonathan E. Shopiro
%T A Set of C++ Classes
%J Proceedings of the USENIX C++ Workshop
%E Keith Gorlen
%C Santa Fe, NM
%D November 9-10, 1987
%P 417-439
%X This is a revised version of BTL CSTR 90 to reflect changes
%X since it's publication

Enjoy

--
George W. Leach					Paradyne Corporation
..!uunet!pdn!reggie				Mail stop LF-207