[comp.lang.c++] What Concurrent C is

lvc@cbnews.ATT.COM (Lawrence V. Cipriani) (08/27/88)

A few months ago I mentioned that there was a difficulty in using
.cc as a C++ filename suffix because Concurrent C already was
using it.  In response, someone (from Europe I think) asked what
is Concurrent C.

The long and more useful answer is too much to put here.  I did
manage to dig up a reference however.  See the September 1986 issue
of "Software Practice and Experience".  There is a 23 page article
titled "Concurrent C".  Hope this helps ...
--
Larry Cipriani, AT&T Network Systems, Columbus OH, cbnews!lvc lvc@cbnews.ATT.COM

reggie@pdn.UUCP (George W. Leach) (08/29/88)

In article <971@cbnews.ATT.COM> lvc@cbnews.ATT.COM (Lawrence V. Cipriani) writes:
>A few months ago I mentioned that there was a difficulty in using
>.cc as a C++ filename suffix because Concurrent C already was
>using it.  In response, someone (from Europe I think) asked what
>is Concurrent C.

>The long and more useful answer is too much to put here.  I did
>manage to dig up a reference however.  See the September 1986 issue
>of "Software Practice and Experience".  There is a 23 page article
>titled "Concurrent C".  Hope this helps ...

      This paper along with seven others is also available in a package
called "Concurrent C Project" from Bell Labs.  To obtain a copy of this
collection of papers either send electronic mail to one of the authors or
write:

		Dr. Narain Gehani
		Room 3D414
		AT&T Bell Laboratories
		600 Mountain Road
		Murray Hill, New Jersey  07974

--
George W. Leach					Paradyne Corporation
..!uunet!pdn!reggie				Mail stop LF-207