[comp.lang.c++] Long variable names in Oasys under VMS

edgerton@csdpie.dec.com (11/18/88)

Subject: Long identifier names and VMS

uunet!nih-csl!keith (Keith Gorlen) writes:
>This question has probably been asked before, but has anyone
>figured out how to deal with the long (>31 chars) identifier names
>generated by the OASYS C++ translator under VMS?  (I'm asking
>this question for a friend -- I wouldn't be caught dead using VMS!)

Oasys (Aka Glockenspiel) has told me that this problem would
be fixed in a soon to be release new version.  For now you
might try using the following switch:

    CCXX -/warnings=nowarning @k foobar.cxx

This switch causes the compiler to ignore the problems with
long variable names.

Dave Edgerton (Contractor)
All opinions expressed above, are mine and not my employers.