[comp.lang.c++] C++ bible?

vu0112@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Cliff Joslyn) (01/11/89)

So we have K+R for C, and Clocksin+Mellish for Prolog.  What's the
"bible" for C++?

--
O---------------------------------------------------------------------->
| Cliff Joslyn, Cybernetician at Large
| Systems Science, SUNY Binghamton, vu0112@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu
V All the world is biscuit shaped. . .

feg@clyde.ATT.COM (Forrest Gehrke) (01/12/89)

In article <1705@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu>, vu0112@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Cliff Joslyn) writes:

> So we have K+R for C, and Clocksin+Mellish for Prolog.  What's the
> "bible" for C++?

How about "C++ Programming Language" by the fellow who
designed it, Bjarne Stroustrup ?

  Forrest Gehrke

ark@alice.UUCP (Andrew Koenig) (01/13/89)

In article <1705@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu>, vu0112@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Cliff Joslyn) writes:

> So we have K+R for C, and Clocksin+Mellish for Prolog.  What's the
> "bible" for C++?

The C++ Programming Language
Bjarne Stroustrup
Addison-Wesley, 1986
0-201-12078-X
--
				--Andrew Koenig
				  ark@europa.att.com

furlani@broadway.UUCP (John L. Furlani) (01/13/89)

In article <1705@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu>, vu0112@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Cliff Joslyn) writes:

> So we have K+R for C, and Clocksin+Mellish for Prolog.  What's the
> "bible" for C++?

Try "The C++ Programming Language" (Notice the similarity with
"The C Programming Language") by the guy who "wrote" the language,
Bjarne Stroustrup.

Printed by Addison-Wesley.

"What goes up, must come down.  Ask any system administrator."
John L. Furlani
The University of South Carolina, Columbia SC
(...!uunet!ncrlnk!ncrcae!broadway!furlani)