[comp.lang.c++] ET++ existence

rme@wdl1.UUCP (Richard M Emberson) (03/06/89)

	Back in January there was a notes article discussing a C++
	environment called ET++. It sounded great! The article indicated
	that it would be released to the public domain in February (1989
	I assume).

	Questions:
		Does anyone have it yet?
		Is anyone on the information mailing list?
		Is it the ultimate answer to the worlds programming woes?

						Thanks - Richard M. Emberson

johnston@m.cs.uiuc.edu (03/09/89)

I am on the ET++ mailing list. I've gotten email confirmation from the ET++
people to that effect, so I assume they *could* send me stuff if there
were stuff to send.  So far, I've received nothing.

- Gary Johnston

Department of Computer Science
1304 West Springfield Avenue
Urbana, IL 61801

ARPA/BITNET/CSNET:	johnston@cs.uiuc.edu or johnston@a.cs.uiuc.edu
USENET/UUCP:		{uunet,pur-ee,convex}!uiucdcs!johnston

johnston@m.cs.uiuc.edu (03/13/89)

Someone asked that I post information about how I got on the ET++
mailing list.  The following is the announcement that we received.
This is all I know about it. I have received nothing else from them
so far, except their acknowledgement of receipt of my request to be
added.

From: gamma@unizh.UUCP (gamma)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++
Subject: ET++
Date: 16 Jan 89 18:55:11 GMT

For all the people who asked us at the OOPSLA'88 after the demonstration of
ET++ about its availability: We will start with the distribution of a first
public domain version of ET++ in the beginning of February.

For all the people who could not attend the demo or have no access to the
OOPSLA'88 paper:  ET++ is an object-oriented application framework implemented
in C++ for UNIX environments. An excerpt of its most important characteristics:

- MacApp based model of an application
- Container classes similar as OOPS
- Object input/output or activation/passivation
- Integrated programming environment with inspectors and browsers
- The same application can run under SunView, X11.3
     (support for Sun's NeWS is on the way)
- Integrates support for the dynamic linking of classes
- Text building blocks for hypertext applications
- Automatic Postscript or PIC output generation
- Declarative layout specification of panels or dialog boxes

To get in contact send us a mail and we will add you to our
mailing list and keep you informed about ET++

Andre Weinand, Erich Gamma,
Department of Computer Science
University of Zurich
Winterthurerstr. 190
CH-8057 Zuerich
Switzerland
UUCP(USA):  ..seismo!mcvax!cernvax!unizh!gamma
EAN:        gamma@ifi.unizh.ch
BITNET:     gamma%unizh.uucp@cernvax.bitnet
Tel.:       +41-1-257-4333