[net.music] Kate Bush... once, or many times...

gts@wjh12.UUCP (G. T. Samson) (10/31/85)

My roommates and I have arrived at a consensus.  (I don't want to be
flame-provoking, so I'll greatly tone down the wording used...)

We've often (~5 times a day) seen the Running_Up_That_Hill video, and
listened to the accompanying music, and we conclude that (while she may
dance quite well) Kate Bush is incomprehensible, boring, repetitive, and
tries too hard to be "artistic".

In all honesty, we much prefer Madonna.  Or just about anyone else!
Name:		G. T. Samson
Title:		The Evil MicroWizard
Quote:		"No matter where you go...there you are." -- B. Banzai
Other_Quote:	"You speak treason!" "Fluently!" 	  -- The Doctor
ARPA:		gts@wjh12 [preferred] OR samson%h-sc4@harvard
		{PLEASE, don't reply to samson@h-sc1@harvard!!!}
USMail:		Lowell N-43, Harvard U., Cambridge, MA 02138

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (10/31/85)

> From: G. T. Samson

> We've often (~5 times a day) seen the Running_Up_That_Hill video,

What do you do?  Live in front of the TV?  Do you actually like V66?

> and listened to the accompanying music, and we conclude that (while
> she may dance quite well) Kate Bush is incomprehensible....

Incomprehensible?  Well who is that a reflection on?  I comprehend her
quite well.  My interpretations of her songs even match very closely
(sometimes perfectly) with her own explanations that she published long
after I reached my own conclusions.

> boring,

Well, you're entitled to your opinion.

>  repetitive, and....

I'm sure you're missing 90% of the song through a TV speaker.

> tries too hard to be "artistic".

Well that's just something to be *real* ashamed of!

And all these generalizations from one song!  A song that was so
different from everything she had done previously, that it pissed me off
totally when I first heard it....  (Though her lyrics are usually just
as "incomprehensible", the throbbing drone dance beat is something she
just recently discovered....)

> In all honesty, we much prefer Madonna.  Or just about anyone else!

Well, that says it all, doesn't it?

-Doug Alan
  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)