[net.sf-lovers] coming to you again....

VAF@CMU-CS-C@sri-unix (12/08/82)

From: Vince Fuller <VAF at CMU-CS-C>
Date: Saturday, 4 December 1982  20:30-EST
 From: KRIEGER <KRIEGER at USC-ECLB>
 To:   SF-LOVERS at MIT-MC
 Re:   coming to you again....

    .

 Death Star: I believe it WAS mentioned in the movie; when the DS is
 preparing to destroy Yavin (and the rebel base), a technician
 announces "The Death Star has cleared the planet-- The Death Star has
 cleared the planet..."  Vader replies, "You may fire when ready."
 (added that for effect) "commence primary ignition..."

Most definitely correct about "The Death Star has..." (I saw SW last
night), but it was Tarkin, not Vader who stated "You may fire when
ready". I believe the term "Death Star" was also used earlier when
stating that "The Death Star will be in range in xx minutes".

--vaf