[comp.lang.c++] g++ grammar description.

oz@yunexus.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) (10/02/89)

Is there a complete description of the g++ grammar, that is not
copyrighted (i.e. not the yacc file) that I can obtain ??
please reply via e-mail. thnx.. oz
--
The king: If there's no meaning	   	    Usenet:    oz@nexus.yorku.ca
in it, that saves a world of trouble        ......!uunet!utai!yunexus!oz

tkacik@rphroy.UUCP (Tom Tkacik) (10/02/89)

In article <4054@yunexus.UUCP> oz@yunexus.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) writes:
>Is there a complete description of the g++ grammar, that is not

Is there a complete description of the C++ grammar?  None of the books
I have looked at give it.  Either C++ 1.2 or 2.0.
What should be used as the reference for solving syntax questions?

--
---
Tom Tkacik		GM Research Labs,   Warren MI  48090

wmm@sdti.com (William M. Miller) (10/19/89)

In article <17623@rphroy.UUCP> tkacik@rphroy.UUCP (Tom Tkacik) writes:
>Is there a complete description of the C++ grammar?  None of the books
>I have looked at give it.  Either C++ 1.2 or 2.0.
>What should be used as the reference for solving syntax questions?

The 2.0 Reference Manual, available from AT&T by itself or bundled with
the cfront source (about 3 orders of magnitude difference in price between
those two options :-), has a complete grammar.  It's not perfect, but it's
quite good.  Bjarne is working on a book for implementors of the language
and technically sophisticated users which will be published in a few
months which will also be complete and authoritative.

--
Non-disclaimer:  My boss and I always see eye-to-eye (every time I look in
the mirror).

...!genrad!mrst!sdti!wmm