[net.sf-lovers] STWOK and inconsistancies

KATZ@USC-ISIF@sri-unix (12/09/82)

From:  Alan R. Katz <KATZ@USC-ISIF>

In catching up on old messages, I came across a message about an
inconsistancy in Star Trek II.  The message stated that the date
on the bottle of Ale said 2283, yet the start of the movie clearly
says "In the 23rd century."

I suprised no one caught this, but 2283 IS IN the 23rd Century, just
as it is now 1982, but the 20th century!

			Alan
-------

VAF@CMU-CS-C@sri-unix (12/11/82)

From:  Vince Fuller <VAF at CMU-CS-C>

Date: Thursday, 9 December 1982  16:11-EST
    From: Alan R. Katz <KATZ at USC-ISIF>
    To:   SF-LOVERS at MIT-MC
    Re:   STWOK and inconsistancies

    In catching up on old messages, I came across a message about an
    inconsistancy in Star Trek II.  The message stated that the date on
    the bottle of Ale said 2283, yet the start of the movie clearly says
    "In the 23rd century."

    I suprised no one caught this, but 2283 IS IN the 23rd Century, just
    as it is now 1982, but the 20th century!

No problem here... It's just that if the ale is dated 2283, it can't
be all that old if it is still the 23rd century.