[comp.lang.c++] C++ bignum library wanted/Hansen "C++ Answer Book" recommended

horstman@sjsumcs.sjsu.edu (Cay Horstmann) (11/13/89)

In article <228@dyndata.UUCP> dan@dyndata.UUCP (Dan Everhart) writes:

>I would like to get a C++ library which implements unlimited precision
>integer arithmetic.  (I.e. a "bignum" class.)  Sources preferred.
>Anyone have one around, or any suggestions for where to get one?

If you don't mind typing, there is a complete class (with excellent annota-
tion) in
	Tony L. Hansen, The C++ Answer Book, Addison-Wesley 1990 (!)
When I first heard about the book ("solves all exercises in Stroustrup"), I
thought "who cares." But Andrew Koenig recommended it and I bought a copy.
It is an excellent book. It does far more than solve all the exercises.
There are lots of very good hints and comments. Recommended. And not even
over-priced. (At least not when compared with A. Koenig's C Traps & Pitfalls
:-))

Cay