[comp.lang.c++] C++ under AIX on IBM PS/2?

ark@alice.UUCP (Andrew Koenig) (11/18/89)

The heading says most of it.  I'm unfamiliar with the PS/2 and
with AIX so I don't know which of the various 386 ports out there
will run on AIX.  Any AIX+PS/2 users out there willing to share
their experiences?
--
				--Andrew Koenig
				  ark@europa.att.com

jackv@turnkey.gryphon.COM (Jack F. Vogel) (12/03/89)

In article <10157@alice.UUCP> ark@alice.UUCP (Andrew Koenig) writes:
>The heading says most of it.  I'm unfamiliar with the PS/2 and
>with AIX so I don't know which of the various 386 ports out there
>will run on AIX.  Any AIX+PS/2 users out there willing to share
>their experiences?

With release 1.36.1 of g++ there are ready made configuration files
for the PS/2 running AIX. Although I did not do the actual build, a
colleage has said you just configure and make without any problems
to speak of. I would also recommend you build and install gcc 1.36
first and use it to build g++. Now all we have to do is to get it
to work under AIX370 :-}.

Disclaimer: These views are mine, not necessarily LCC's

--
Jack F. Vogel			jackv@seas.ucla.edu
AIX Technical Support	              - or -