[comp.lang.c++] stdargs on sparc

sdm@cs.brown.edu (Scott Meyers) (12/12/89)

If anybody has managed to make stdargs work on a sparcstation with CC 2.0,
I would really appreciate hearing about how you did it!

Thanks,

Scott
sdm@cs.brown.edu

shap@delrey.sgi.com (Jonathan Shapiro) (12/14/89)

In article <22612@brunix.UUCP> sdm@cs.brown.edu (Scott Meyers) writes:
>If anybody has managed to make stdargs work on a sparcstation with CC 2.0,
>I would really appreciate hearing about how you did it!

This came up here recently.  The answer is that because the default
compilation model in cfront 2.0 does *not* generate ansi-style
prototypes, the '...' doesn't get through to your C compiler, and so
stdarg doesn't work.

The workaround we used is to compile the relevant file(s) using

   CC2 +a1

which generates ansi prototypes.  May or may not work for you...

Jon