[comp.lang.c++] C++ Environments for SPARC

pkenny@zodiac (Patrick Kenny (No Ware Man)) (01/05/90)

 Hello,
    I know this has probably already been posted, but I will ask anyway. I am looking for a C++
development environment for a Sun SparcStation. I wanted to know if there are any and who makes such a thing.
I already know of the ParcPlace Objectworks for C++. I had a demo of it today and it looks like a very good environment.
I also want to know what windowing systems the environments car run on, XView, X11R4, or XNews.
		- Thanks for your help -

Patrick Kenny    pkenny@dakine.ads.com         | The word for today is: Stoic (sto'ik) n.
Advanced Decision Systems                      | A member of an ancient Greek school of philosophy
1500 Plymouth Street                           | that held that one should be free from passion
Mountain View, CA 94043                        | in order to attain true happiness.

vonn@uw-entropy.ms.washington.edu (Vonn Marsch) (01/12/90)

In article <10288@zodiac.ADS.COM> pkenny@zodiac (Patrick Kenny (No Ware Man)) writes:
> Hello,
>    I know this has probably already been posted, but I will ask anyway. I am looking for a C++
>development environment for a Sun SparcStation. I wanted to know if there are any and who makes such a thing.

I need this information, too.  Could someone post a response, mail me the
response mailed to pkenny or could you, pkenny, mail me the resonse mailed to
you?

Also, I'd like to solicit recomendations for books on C++.  I've read the
Stroustrup one, but I think I'd like to look at another (not that it's a bad
book, I just want another to compliment it.)

Tanks advanced,
	Vonn Marsch (vonn@entropy.washington.edu)