[net.sf-lovers] Shrinking in HHGttG

speaker.umcp-cs@UDel-Relay (12/16/82)

Date: 30 Nov 82 17:28:22-EST (Tue)
	From: David Axler <axler.upenn@UDel-Relay>
	Subject: Shrinking in HHGttG

	I refer to is that dealing with the war between the V'l'hurg
	and the G'gugvunt [sp?], caused by Arthur's line "I've been
	having problems with my lifestyle lately" being sucked through
	a wormhole in space.  When the combatants recognize that it's
	actually due to an ape descendant that they're fighting, they
	combine their fleets and send them off to destroy Earth.  Alas,
	on arrival the entire fleet is swallowed by a dog!

But wait no...hadn't the earth been destroyed by this time?  Perhaps
the wormhole extended back through time as well, only to reach the two
armadas BEFORE earth's destruction?

	The TV version of this scene, by the way, has the battle
	set up as an arcade game -- a very nice touch.

That really WAS good, with flashing scores and video game sounds
and everything.

						- Speaker