[comp.lang.c++] cfront 2.0 bug 900217_02

rfg@paris.ics.uci.edu (Ronald Guilmette) (02/18/90)

// cfront 2.0 bug 900217_02

// Cfront fails to be able to cope with the case where the name of a
// class type is used in the specification of the type of a member function
// parameter if (and when) the name of that class type is also used to
// declare a data member of the containing class.

// The (new) rules regarding the overloading of names for both objects and
// types do (I believe) make the following code legal.

// g++ deals with the following code without complaint.

// This code is also accepted by cfront if the typename `class0' in both
// parameter lists is preceeded by the word `class'.

class class0;

class class1 {
  int class0;
public:
  void member_function (class0 *);	// gets bogus error
};

void class1::member_function (class0 *p)
{
}

int main () { return 0; }	// cfront is totally confused by this point

mgardi@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Mutual Life) (02/24/90)

In article <25DE6064.23641@paris.ics.uci.edu> rfg@paris.ics.uci.edu (Ronald Guilmette) writes:
>// cfront 2.0 bug 900217_02

I don't know about others, But I would REALLY appreciate if the above named
person would label all his articles with the same name like 'BUG REPORT'.
Not being an expert on RN, I only know how to kill articles by title.
I am NOT saying the articles are not worthwhile, but if they are irrelevant,
or perhaps better left for some other days, it would be alot easier to
get rid of them all at once...Is this an unreasonable request?
I just don't see the use of using
900217_01
900217_02
etc..

Peter DeVries
Mutual Life of Canada
c/o mgardi@watdcsu
(519) 888-3523
(416) 972-0594

My opinions/comments are mine, and mine only, and have nothing
to do with what Mutual Life of Canada thinks (now isn't that
an understatement!)
p.

rfg@ics.uci.edu (Ronald Guilmette) (02/24/90)

In article <1209@watserv1.waterloo.edu> mgardi@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Mutual Life) writes:
>In article <25DE6064.23641@paris.ics.uci.edu> rfg@paris.ics.uci.edu (Ronald Guilmette) writes:
>>// cfront 2.0 bug 900217_02
>
>I don't know about others, But I would REALLY appreciate if the above named
>person would label all his articles with the same name like 'BUG REPORT'.

The above named person will do that from now on.  I will start leaving
the number out of the title.  I begain putting those in so that I could
easily relate any follow up responses I got on these postings back to
the original files, but I guess I can still do that if people who respond
to my postings include the numberd codes given within the bodies of the
postings.

>Not being an expert on RN, I only know how to kill articles by title.

I think that maybe you can use a wildcard, which would also solve the problem.

>I am NOT saying the articles are not worthwhile,

Yea, sure.  Then why do you want to "kill" them? :-)

// Ron Guilmette (rfg@ics.uci.edu)
// C++ Entomologist
// Motto:  If it sticks, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.