[comp.lang.c++] Query: C++ Graphic Tools

ostlund@SRC.Honeywell.COM (John Ostlund) (06/08/90)

Hi all,

I looking for information on the availability or existence of a C++
graphics tool (commercially available) to support creation of an
application environment on top of an OODBMS.
   (Toolbox; Windows, Scroll bars, buttons, etc...).

Please reply to: OSTLUND@SRC.Honeywell.com

Thanks in advance...   John

noren@dinl.uucp (Charles Noren) (06/08/90)

In article <75535@srcsip.UUCP> ostlund@SRC.Honeywell.COM (John Ostlund) writes:
>I looking for information on the availability or existence of a C++
>graphics tool (commercially available) to support creation of an
>application environment on top of an OODBMS.
>   (Toolbox; Windows, Scroll bars, buttons, etc...).

This does not answer your question, but...

Right now I'm evaluating Stepstone's Objective-C with its
graphical class package (ICpak 201).  Installation was a snap,
learning its OO extensions to C is straight forward, and the
graphical class library is organized well and a pleasure to
work with.  We've had the package for just a few days and
I found I could create my first Objective-C program after
about 45 minutes of reading (the program opened a window and
I attached menus to it).  The class library has lots of goodies,
including windows, scroll bars, buttons, etc..

We are using the Gemstone OO database.  The OO paradigm for
Objective-C and Gemstone are similar (Smalltalk like).
Rumor has it that Stepstone is working with Servio Logic
(makers of Gemstone) to make an Objective-C interface to
Gemstone.

Its not C++, so this does not answer your question.

--
Chuck Noren
NET:     ncar!dinl!noren