[net.sf-lovers] More explosive decompression: SFL V6 #99

Schiffman@SRI-KL@sri-unix (12/16/82)

From:   Allan M. Schiffman <Schiffman at SRI-KL>

From:	"ISHTAR::FELDMAN c/o" <DEC-SFL at DEC-Marlboro>
	Date:	30-NOV-1982 09:51
	Subj:	explosive decompression.
	Finding a vacum chamber at your friendly local highschool or
	college science lab, and observing a beaker of water in it
	would help you understand.

Wouldn't the experiment be more appropriate if the water is in a sealed
plastic bag?

You might want to trap as little air as possible, and leave some slack
in the bag.  Even better if the "plastic" was some kind of
gas-permeable membrane.

-Allan

vax1:witters (12/22/82)

How about knocking out a frog or a rat and placing it in the chamber to see
what happens?  (I'm too squemish to try this, but if someone does, post the
results to satisfy my curiosity).

			I don't give a damn if you sign your name or not.

			John Witters