[comp.lang.c++] Trouble with Borland Editor

curt@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Curt R. Hastings) (07/17/90)

locked several times for no apparent reason.  There are no similarities leading
up to the time when the editor hangs.  If anyone has any suggestions, please
e-mail me or post for all to see.

            Curt Hastings.

In article <11489@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>, curt@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Curt R. Hastings) writes:
> locked several times for no apparent reason.  There are no similarities leading
> up to the time when the editor hangs.  If anyone has any suggestions, please
> e-mail me or post for all to see.
>
>             Curt Hastings.

 I do not know what happened to the message.

 Anyway, the editor for Borland C++ 1.0 is hanging and a re-boot is needed to
free the machine.  Needless to say all the code is lost with the re-boot.
Please post info or e-mail any suggestions.

     Curt Hastings. (Ball State University)

sidney@saturn.ucsc.edu (Sidney Markowitz ) (07/17/90)

In article <11489@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> curt@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Curt R. Hastings) writes:
>locked several times for no apparent reason.  [...]

I e-mailed you the long version, but here's the short form in case anyone
else gets this problem:

The exact combination of circumstances that is the most likely cause
is more complex and obscure, but if your files either have been
written out by the TC++ editor, or the last line ends with a newline,
then this particular problem will never happen. You should pay
particular attention to files that were created using the TC 2.0
editor.

Anyone who wants the detailed set of conditions that trigger this can
email me.

-- sidney markowitz <sidney@saturn.ucsc.edu>