[comp.lang.c++] String Class Please

bander@wam.umd.edu (Nicholas Andrew Vargish) (07/27/90)

Hi...  I'm a novice C++ programmer (but well used to C), trying to get
up to snuff with C++ so I can finally start working on a project that's
been on a back-burner for a while.

I'm running Turbo C++ from Borland, and the examples in the manuals are
terrible!  The + operator for strings, for example, is really a +=...

Anyway, if a kind soul could send me a complete string class library
I would be most indebted.  Perusing that should help me figure out the
other things that have been puzzling me.

Please lend a hand!

Nick Vargish
bander@cscwam.umd.edu

noren@dinl.uucp (Charles Noren) (07/28/90)

In article <1990Jul27.164715.28903@wam.umd.edu> bander@wam.umd.edu (Nicholas Andrew Vargish) writes:
>Anyway, if a kind soul could send me a complete string class library
>I would be most indebted.  Perusing that should help me figure out the
>other things that have been puzzling me.

Take a look at the National Institute of Health (NIH) Class
Library (NIHCL, sometimes called "nickle").  It has a string
class in it (along with may other classes).  You can anonymously
ftp it from 128.231.128.251.  Look for it in the "pub" directory,
its file nihcl-2.204.tar.Z (or something similar).  Its in
compressed form (.Z indicates that) so you'll use the UNIX
"uncompress" utility which will give you a tar file.  Use
the "tar" utility to get your source files.

--
Chuck Noren
NET:     dinl!noren@ncar.ucar.edu