[net.sf-lovers] detection of good and evil in the Force

VAF@CMU-CS-C (12/30/82)

From:  Vince Fuller <VAF at CMU-CS-C>

Date: 20 Dec 82 14:08:15 EST  (Mon)
    From: Rene Steiner <rene.umcp-cs at UDel-Relay>
    To:   SF-LOVERS at MIT-MC
    Re:   detection of good and evil in the Force

    Ah, but Good CAN be detected - Darth Vader detected Obi-wan on the
    Death Star ("I feel a presence in the force, someone I have not
    detected since...." not an exact quote, but you get the idea.)

I disagree. What he said was "I feel a tremor in the Force, something
I have not felt since...". He felt the magnitude and character of
Obi-wan's mastery of the force, not its "goodness" or "evilness" (also
when trying to shoot down Luke: "the Force is strong in this one"). It
would seem that powerful users of the Force radiate and aura which
acts sort of as a "signature" for them.

--vaf