[comp.lang.c++] Zortech C++ Developer's Edition

phil@lindy.Stanford.EDU (Phillip Lee) (08/07/90)

	I have a zortech c++ developer edition for sale:
	   Developer's Edition include following:
		Zortech C++ Compiler
		Zortech C++ Debugger
		Zortech C++ Tools
		Zortech C++ Library Source
	   The retail price for the developer's edition is $450
		which is $200 less than if you purchased them seperately.
	   This is a version 2.0 which you can upgrade to the newest
		version (v2.1) for $90+$5.95 handling.
	   I have talked to the zortech and the software can be transfer
		to you so you can upgrade to v2.1 yourself or use it as
		it is.

	   Now here is the price.  I want $250  obo for it and assume you want
		to upgrade to v2.1, the cost will be $350 which is still
		$100 less than the retail price.

	   My email address is phil@lindy and my phone number is
		(415)795-8264 (Home)

kearns@cs.columbia.edu (Steve Kearns) (08/07/90)

Some questions on the Zortech 2.0-2.1 debugger:

Can you access member variables without worrying about name mangling?

Can you have multiple windows open?

Is it easy to switch back and forth to see the program output?

Does it support a mouse?

Can you double click on a variable to inspect it?

Is it easy to inspect structures and subparts of structures?

Can you break into a program by hitting break, or shift-break?

Can you "run until it hits the line with the cursor"?

inquiring minds want to know!

-steve

joe@proto.COM (Joe Huffman) (08/08/90)

In article <1990Aug7.143759.27931@cs.columbia.edu>, kearns@cs.columbia.edu (Steve Kearns) writes:
> Some questions on the Zortech 2.0-2.1 debugger:
>
> Can you access member variables without worrying about name mangling?

Yes.

> Can you have multiple windows open?

Yes, memory restriction apply, large programs, 50 line mode, no expanded
memory, etc, make things worse...

> Is it easy to switch back and forth to see the program output?

Yes, (press space bar to toggle).

> Does it support a mouse?

Yes.

> Can you double click on a variable to inspect it?

No, you click the right button once, double click right button to remove it
from the display.  This assumes the variable is in the appropriate window.

> Is it easy to inspect structures and subparts of structures?

Yes, single click of the mouse or single keystroke via keyboard.

> Can you break into a program by hitting break, or shift-break?

Control-break does it.

> Can you "run until it hits the line with the cursor"?

Yes.

> inquiring minds want to know!

Call Zortech and ask for a brochure (they used to have them anyway).
800-848-8408

--
joe@proto.com
uunet!proto!joe