[comp.lang.c++] turbo c++ - comm2 - any one get the lib working

PLFaith@cup.portal.com (Patrick L Faith) (08/07/90)

First of all, any one notice that the outp and inp are gone in c++,
this is a pain in the but, they have been ?? replaced by something
called outport() and inport(port) , but now the port is either 0 or 1,
not the old 3f8 stuff.  there is also a routine called bioscom that takes
either a 0/1 port id - any way all this stuff doesn't seem to work on
well on port 2, keep on getting modem break errors when sending.  I guess
i'll have to drag out the assembler and write the stupid little out and in
calls myself.  Any one recompile some of their old stuff on C++ to see
if it is working ???
				P L Faith

larrym@pi19.pnfi.forestry.ca (Larry Marshall) (08/08/90)

PLFaith@cup.portal.com (Patrick L Faith) writes:

>First of all, any one notice that the outp and inp are gone in c++,
>this is a pain in the but, they have been ?? replaced by something
>called outport() and inport(port) , but now the port is either 0 or 1,

You didn't say which "C++" you were referring to but none of these functions
are defined by either C++ or ANSI C.  They weren't defined by K&R C either
for that matter.  These are DOS specific extensions and different compilers
call them different things.  Trying to write serial output to the address
you gave on my Sun wouldn't make it very happy (grin).  -- Larry