[comp.lang.c++] Any freely redistributable source?

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (08/15/90)

I'm working on a big project, and it would be kind of nice to not reinvent
the wheel. Anyone have any freely redistributable classes? I can't use GNU
cause their terms are too strict (i.e. I'm willing to provide source to the
classes, but I'm not putting my whole package under the GPL).

Sean
--
***  Sean Casey          sean@ms.uky.edu, sean@ukma.bitnet, ukma!sean

jbuck@galileo.berkeley.edu (Joe Buck) (08/16/90)

In article <sean.650674962@s.ms.uky.edu>, sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes:
> I'm working on a big project, and it would be kind of nice to not reinvent
> the wheel. Anyone have any freely redistributable classes? I can't use GNU
> cause their terms are too strict (i.e. I'm willing to provide source to the
> classes, but I'm not putting my whole package under the GPL).

There's the NIH classes, Interviews, and Sun just made XView source code
available (including C++ interfaces).  The XView source includes the Open
Look graphic user interface.

You can ftp XView source from xview.ucdavis.edu or expo.lcs.mit.edu.
You can ftp Interviews from interviews.stanford.edu.
I don't know where to get the NIH classes from, but lots of people here
could tell you if you want them.

FSF is discussing a change in their licensing terms that may eliminate your
problems with using libg++ (see the latest Gnu's Bulletin posted to
gnu.announce) but this is not final yet.

--
Joe Buck
jbuck@galileo.berkeley.edu	 {uunet,ucbvax}!galileo.berkeley.edu!jbuck