[comp.lang.c++] state of comp.std.c++

davidm@uunet.UU.NET (David S. Masterson) (07/23/90)

I haven't heard lately.  What is the state of comp.std.c++?  Has it been
created and is it being used?
David Masterson					Consilium, Inc.
uunet!cimshop!davidm				Mt. View, CA  94043
"If someone thinks they know what I said, then I didn't say it!"

rfg@NCD.COM (Ron Guilmette) (07/24/90)

In article <CIMSHOP!DAVIDM.90Jul23004229@uunet.UU.NET> cimshop!davidm@uunet.UU.NET (David S. Masterson) writes:
>I haven't heard lately.  What is the state of comp.std.c++?  Has it been
>created and is it being used?

It was accepted by a formal vote more than 6 weeks ago!

The vote result was overwhelmingly in favor.

I (like you) have been waiting patiently ever since for my site to start
receiving this new group, but it seems that the whole thing just fell
into a black hole.

Tony Hansen of AT&T Bell Labs was the official proposer and vote collector,
and it seems that he may have dropped the ball.

Tony?  Are you still alive?  What gives?

Tony, if you need somebody else to take responsibility for getting comp.std.c++
started up, please say so.  Don't just leave us all hanging.  I'm sure that
there are several people who would be glad to help out in getting this
group started.

--
// Ron Guilmette
// C++ Entomologist

jliptak@umnd-cpe-cola.d.umn.edu (john liptak) (08/15/90)

I have been reading comp.std.c++ for a couple of weeks now.
There have been interesing discussions about things like const
modifiers.

Perhaps your sys-admin has not added the group yet.

rfg@NCD.COM (Ron Guilmette) (08/16/90)

In article <201@ub.d.umn.edu> jliptak@umnd-cpe-cola.UUCP (john liptak) writes:
>I have been reading comp.std.c++ for a couple of weeks now.
>There have been interesing discussions about things like const
>modifiers.
>
>Perhaps your sys-admin has not added the group yet.

I hope that everyone will forgive my (apparently) recent posting in
which I launched a harangue about the absence of comp.std.c++.

If you look at the date on my message, you will see that it is three
weeks ancient.

Our outgoing news has been bottled up here at this site for at least
that long, due to a goof on the part of our system administrator.

Worse still, yet another local goof-up involving mail addresses is now
preventing me from canceling my prior messages.  Thus, I cannot now even
cover-up my own lack of proper netiquette!

Some weeks I just can't win. :-(

Anyway, my appologies to Tony H., and my thanks to him for forming
comp.std.c++.