[comp.lang.c++] Using lex/yacc with C++

olson@sax.cs.uiuc.edu (Robert Olson) (08/18/90)

I have written a perl script that takes the output of lex or yacc and generates
a C++ class that implements the corresponding parser or lexical analyzer.
I am posting here because I have noticed a few people asking if there is
such a beast available. It is pretty new and has only been tested on
a couple machines, but I think it is relatively robust. If you are interested
in this, let me know and I can send you a copy.

--bob
--
Bob Olson			University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
Internet: rolson@uiuc.edu	UUCP:  {uunet|convex|pur-ee}!uiucdcs!olson

frei@mez.e-technik.uni-bochum.de (Matthias Frei) (08/22/90)

olson@sax.cs.uiuc.edu (Robert Olson) writes:

>I have written a perl script that takes the output of lex or yacc and generates
>a C++ class that implements the corresponding parser or lexical analyzer.

I think it would be widely appreciated, if you post it here.

	Matthias
--
   Matthias Frei			| Snail-mail:
frei@mez.e-technik.uni-bochum.de  	| University of Bochum, W-Germany
frei%rubmez@unido.BITNET		| D-4630 Bochum, P.O.-Box 102143

erik@echocen.UUCP (Erik Ch. Ohrnberger) (08/23/90)

In article <324@mez.e-technik.uni-bochum.de>, frei@mez.e-technik.uni-bochum.de (Matthias Frei) writes:
> olson@sax.cs.uiuc.edu (Robert Olson) writes:
>
> >I have written a perl script that takes the output of lex or yacc and generates
> >a C++ class that implements the corresponding parser or lexical analyzer.
>
> I think it would be widely appreciated, if you post it here.

I second that idea with extreeme support.  The perl script sounds like a
great tool!
			Erik.

--
Erik Ohrnberger             Work: sharkey!edsews!edstip!ohrnb
2620 Woodchase Court        Home: sharkey!eds.com!echocen!erik