[comp.lang.c++] Is there a Saber C++?

nxh@meaddata.com (Nobuya Higashiyama) (09/13/90)

I'd like to know if there is a C++ version of Saber C.  I was very impressed
with Saber C, and I would love to be able to find a comparable product for C++
development.  Also, address, phone # and email address (if any) of the vendor
would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

									Higgy
--
Nobuya "Higgy" Higashiyama               | We provide legal and business data,
Mead Data Central, Dayton, OH            | not tacky, multi-colored notebooks.

glenn@huxley.huxley.bitstream.com (Glenn P. Parker) (09/13/90)

In article <1332@meaddata.meaddata.com>
nxh@meaddata.com (Nobuya Higashiyama) writes:
> I'd like to know if there is a C++ version of Saber C.  I was very impressed
> with Saber C, and I would love to be able to find a comparable product for C++
> development.  Also, address, phone # and email address (if any) of the vendor
> would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Look no further than Saber itself.  They have been working on Saber C++ for
a while now, and I saw a beta-release approx. 6 months ago.  Very nice.
Too bad it doesn't run on Apollos.  I have no idea what the current status
of this product is, but I'm sure Saber will tell you all about it if you
just ask them.
Glenn P. Parker        Bitstream, Inc.
uunet!huxley!glenn     215 First Street
glenn@bitstream.com    Cambridge, MA 02142-1270

fkuhl@mitre.org (F. S. Kuhl) (09/13/90)

In article <1332@meaddata.meaddata.com> you write:
>I'd like to know if there is a C++ version of Saber C.  I was very impressed
>with Saber C, and I would love to be able to find a comparable product for C++
>development.  Also, address, phone # and email address (if any) of the vendor
>would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

I have a 'functional spec' for Saber C++, which I imagine they'd be
happy to give you.  Call 617-876-7636; fax 617-547-9011.  They are
on the I'net (saber.com) but I don't know a user name.

(Note: I tried to reply to nxh@meaddata.com and was told:
550 <nxh@meaddata.com>... Host unknown

--
Frederick Kuhl			fkuhl@mitre.org
Civil Systems Division
Frederick Kuhl			fkuhl@mitre.org
Civil Systems Division
The MITRE Corporation

verber@pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu (Mark Verber) (09/13/90)

Last time I talked to Saber about their C++ they were saying November
for the first release.  They have not settled on price yet, but it looks
like it will be more expensive that their c environment.

Cheers,
Mark