[comp.lang.c++] C++ Compiler on Suns

lan@quintus.UUCP (Ping Lan) (10/05/90)

    I'm looking for a good C++ compiler/translator on the Sun-4
(Sparc Station).  One criterion is to be able to get hold on the
intermediate C files generated by the C++ compiler.
    Does anyone have experience with Sun's C++ ?

Thanks.

Regards:

Chung-ping Lan                      InterNet:  lan%quintus.com@sun.com
Quintus Computer Systems, Inc.      UUCP:      ... {sun,pyramid}!quintus!lan
1310 Villa Street                   FAX:       USA 415 965 0551
Mountain View, California 94041	    phone:     USA 415 965 7700

poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) (10/05/90)

In article <1430@quintus.UUCP> lan@quintus.UUCP (Ping Lan) writes:

>    I'm looking for a good C++ compiler/translator on the Sun-4
>(Sparc Station).  One criterion is to be able to get hold on the
>intermediate C files generated by the C++ compiler.
>    Does anyone have experience with Sun's C++ ?
>
>Thanks.

Well, that leaves out GNU g++ because it is a native code compiler. That is, it
compiles straight to object, c sources output is not an option.

Don't know about Suns c++.

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110             (408)437-5254