[comp.lang.c++] using c++

tiefel@sunshine.Kodak.COM (Lenny Tiefel) (10/30/90)

Our purchasing department has not been able to obtain
a copy of the source code from Bruce Eckel's book
_Using C++_.

The publisher Osborne/McGraw-Hill assumwes NO responsibility
for distributing the code, and the distributor Revolution2
is no longer at the address given and can't be located.
Also Osborne/McGraw-Hill will not disclose Bruce Eckel's
address or phone number.

Is there another distributor or an anonymous ftp area where
I may download these routines?

Thank you.

 -----------------        Len Tiefel
 -----------------

joe@proto.COM (Joe Huffman) (11/01/90)

In article <1990Oct30.125546.3702@kodak.kodak.com>, tiefel@sunshine.Kodak.COM (Lenny Tiefel) writes:

> Our purchasing department has not been able to obtain
> a copy of the source code from Bruce Eckel's book
> _Using C++_.
>
> The publisher Osborne/McGraw-Hill assumwes NO responsibility
> for distributing the code, and the distributor Revolution2
> is no longer at the address given and can't be located.
> Also Osborne/McGraw-Hill will not disclose Bruce Eckel's
> address or phone number.

If the latest address you have is still Seattle, try this one.  I correspond
with him occasionally via email.  This is a repost of something he asked
me to post a while back..

-joe-
--------
Date: 02 Sep 90 22:59:25 EDT
From: Bruce Eckel
To:  <joe@proto.COM>
Subject: I found this on the net...

Thanks for forwarding the message.  Here's the message I'm sending to the
fellow; post it if you feel so inclined:

The source code is not freely distributable, or in the public domain in any
way.  Once you've bought it, you can use it in compiled form in any of your
projects, but you may not distribute the source, which is copyrighted.
Please respect the copyright.

There is over 1/2 megabyte of code, which includes a number of projects
which do not appear in the book, but which I have created since the book was
written.  I think you'll find it worth the price.  Your order will be
processed more quickly if you send it to:

Revolution2
P.O. Box 760
Kennett Square, PA 19348

Bruce