[comp.lang.c++] ET++ 2.0 Installation Problem

euaeny@eua.ericsson.se (Erik Nyquist) (11/02/90)

I have just tried to install ET++, version 2.0. I am using Sun C++ 2.0 on
a Sparcstation with SunOS 4.03. When I try to do 'make' in the directory
everything works fine until I get the following:

ld -X -r -o et.o PROGENV/etprogenv.o ofiles3.o Init.o XSERVER/xserver.o SUNWINDOW/sun.o POSTSCRIPT/postscript.o ofiles2.o ofiles1.o -lc
*** Segmentation fault
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `et.o'

Has anyone out there had the same problem? Is it my 'ld' that is the problem?

=======================
Erik Nyquist
Ellemtel Utvecklings AB
Box 1505
S-125 25 Alvsjo
Sweden
Email: Erik.Nyquist@eua.ericsson.se

euaeny@eua.ericsson.se (Erik Nyquist) writes:

>I have just tried to install ET++, version 2.0. I am using Sun C++ 2.0 on
>a Sparcstation with SunOS 4.03. When I try to do 'make' in the directory
>everything works fine until I get the following:

>ld -X -r -o et.o PROGENV/etprogenv.o ofiles3.o Init.o XSERVER/xserver.o SUNWINDOW/sun.o POSTSCRIPT/postscript.o ofiles2.o ofiles1.o -lc
>*** Segmentation fault
>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `et.o'

>Has anyone out there had the same problem? Is it my 'ld' that is the problem?

Sorry for wasting band-width, but the problem was easily solved. I only
split ofiles3.o into two files ofiles3.o and ofiles4.o. My lousy 'ld'
was indeed responsible for the segmentation fault. Case closed.