[comp.lang.c++] C++ products & books list : What format ?

jcc@adesign.uucp (Jean-Christophe Collet) (11/07/90)

Hello folks,

The recent discussion about the macro-package I'm using/should use for the
list made me thing again about it.
I started to rewrite it (and significantly enhancing it) using the -ms
macro-package. Then It occured to me that this will only displace the
problem (-ms seems not more widely available than -mm).

So here is what I do propose :

	I will post 3 files each month :

		- A [nt]roff file that can be formated with either
		  -mm or -ms (I'll come up with a solution similar to
		  what Tony Hansen Proposed).

		- A PostScript file generated with groff 0.5 [ A really
		  amazing stuff written in C++ :-) ]. But it will be
		  formated for A4 paper (Sorry guys, but I live in France)

		- An Ascii file as before.

Does anybody have suggestions, remarks, etc...

-- "Jessie"

P.S.: Keep those informations coming!
	jc
jcc@adesign.uucp	| "An artificial intelligence is better than none!"
..!inria!adesign!jcc	| "Artificial intelligence matches natural stupidity!"
Jean-Christophe Collet	| "Objets inanimes avez-vous donc une ame ?"
Axis Design			|
119, rue de Flandres		|
75019 Paris			|    <this space left intentionaly blank>
France				|
Tel: +33 (1) 40 35 20 20	|

bashford@scripps.edu (Don Bashford) (11/10/90)

In article <1990Nov6.170354.3642@adesign.uucp> jcc@adesign.uucp (Jean-Christophe Collet) writes:

>The recent discussion about the macro-package I'm using/should use for the
>list made me thing again about it.
>I started to rewrite it (and significantly enhancing it) using the -ms
>macro-package. Then It occured to me that this will only displace the
>problem (-ms seems not more widely available than -mm).
>
>Does anybody have suggestions, remarks, etc...

How about using the -me macros which are freely available along with groff?

(When I tried posting this the first time I got the error message:

Article not accepted by server; not posted.
inews: Article rejected: news included more text than new text

So ....

Article not accepted by server; not posted.
inews: Article rejected: news included more text than new text
Article not accepted by server; not posted.
inews: Article rejected: news included more text than new text
Article not accepted by server; not posted.
inews: Article rejected: news included more text than new text
Article not accepted by server; not posted.
inews: Article rejected: news included more text than new text
Article not accepted by server; not posted.
inews: Article rejected: news included more text than new text
Article not accepted by server; not posted.
inews: Article rejected: news included more text than new text
Article not accepted by server; not posted.
inews: Article rejected: news included more text than new text

There, inews!  I hope you're happy now!)

Don Bashford
bashford@scripps.edu