[comp.lang.c++] C++ for IBM 370 ?

geiman@bimacs.BITNET (geiman mark) (12/03/90)

Does anybody know if there exists any C++ compiler or C++ to C translator
for the IBM 370 environment (VM / MVS / anything) ?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Mark Geiman ( geiman@bimacs.biu.ac.il )

philip@pescadero.Stanford.EDU (Philip Machanick) (12/03/90)

In article <2569@bimacs.BITNET>, geiman@bimacs.BITNET (geiman mark) writes:
|> Does anybody know if there exists any C++ compiler or C++ to C translator
|> for the IBM 370 environment (VM / MVS / anything) ?

I'm interested too (especially for VM/CMS).
--
Philip Machanick
philip@pescadero.stanford.edu

james@bksmel.oz.au (James Crawford) (12/04/90)

In article <2569@bimacs.BITNET> geiman@bimacs.BITNET (geiman mark) writes:
> Does anybody know if there exists any C++ compiler or C++ to C translator
> for the IBM 370 environment (VM / MVS / anything) ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any pointers.
>
> Mark Geiman ( geiman@bimacs.biu.ac.il )

Until fairly recently, I used to work for a company developing software
under MVS/XA.  We looked in vain for C++ compiler that would run under MVS.
Just before I left though, I heard from our parent company in USA a rumour that
SAS was adding C++ support to their C compiler in version 5.  I did not get
a chance to verify this but it might be worth following this up with SAS.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you find anything more.

James.