[comp.lang.c++] template and book question

shirley@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (peter shirley) (12/05/90)

I'm rewriting some of my C++ software from the ground up (for the
second time!  uggh!).  Is it unadvisable to use templates?  They look
kind of nice.

Also, if I already know C++, is Ellis and Stro. a useful thing to
have by my side ($40 useful, that is).

Thanks,

Pete Shirley
shirley@cs.indiana.edu

horstman@sjsumcs.sjsu.edu (Cay Horstmann) (12/07/90)

In article <76462@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> shirley@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (peter shirley) writes:

>Also, if I already know C++, is Ellis and Stro. a useful thing to
>have by my side ($40 useful, that is).

YES.

You should definitely have the ARM within your arm's reach at any time.
I don't think that $40 is totally excessive. I LIKE the fact that the
book is hardbound. It opens much flatter than a paperback. Personally,
if I have the choice of paying an extra 10 bucks for hardbound, I go for it.
(Actually, I can't say I had a choice this time!)

Cay