[comp.lang.c++] Does Turbo C++ have new.h???

6600phnx@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Phoenix / Fig) (01/13/91)

I was trying out C++ for the first time today (I was just an old Cer but
times change) and I could not find the include file <new.h> nor any
instances of the function set_new_handler or a reference to the pointer
_new_handler.  Do these exist in Turbo or am I just missing something?

 ..Mike Figueroa..........................        _______________________
 . 6600phnx@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu  (Internet) .       /        //     /
 .         @ucsbuxa.bitnet    (Bitnet)   .      /----    //     /   __
 .........................................     /        //     /     /
   "Vila weighs 73 kilos . . ."              /      ------    ------

sam@lysator.liu.se (Sam The Man) (01/13/91)

6600phnx@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Phoenix / Fig) writes:

>I was trying out C++ for the first time today (I was just an old Cer but
>times change) and I could not find the include file <new.h> nor any
>instances of the function set_new_handler or a reference to the pointer
>_new_handler.  Do these exist in Turbo or am I just missing something?

> ..Mike Figueroa..........................        _______________________
> . 6600phnx@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu  (Internet) .       /        //     /
> .         @ucsbuxa.bitnet    (Bitnet)   .      /----    //     /   __
> .........................................     /        //     /     /
>   "Vila weighs 73 kilos . . ."              /      ------    ------

No they do not exist in the Turbo package. You'll find a workaround however
in the public domain "Turbo C++ bug list (bug-list-version 1.01.6)"
available via anonymous ftp from: sun.soe.clarkson.edu [128.153.12.3] in the
file: ~ftp/pub/Turbo-C++/bug-report.

I recommend that you read this file if you are going to develop programs in
TC++.

Samuel "Sam The Man" Bergenstrahle | No responsibilities, only credits.
sam@lave.lysator.liu.se (Internet) |

In article <8138@hub.ucsb.edu> 6600phnx@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Phoenix / Fig) writes:

   I was trying out C++ for the first time today (I was just an old Cer but
   times change) and I could not find the include file <new.h> nor any
   instances of the function set_new_handler or a reference to the pointer
   _new_handler.  Do these exist in Turbo or am I just missing something?

They do not exist.  See Marshall Cline's monthly TC++ bug list -- it has a
new.h replacement.  It was posted Jan. 1 (or so).

--
--russ (nelson@clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])  FAX 315-268-7600
It's better to get mugged than to live a life of fear -- Freeman Dyson